• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lockheed Brake Booster

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Were Tigers ever fitted with Lockheed Brake Boosters at the factory? Or were they only fitted with Girlings? Thanks for any input.
Rick

pruyter

Donation Time
They were fitted with Girling brake boosters just as with the Alpines. The audax range from Rootes was fitted with Lockheed brake boosters.

Regards,

Peter

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Look at the over an hour rebuild video on rebuilding a Girling booster. Unless you have a block stock car why bother.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Tigers used 2 types of brake servo

Iirc. Tigers from strsr to mid MKIA have the small-chamber Girling mkiiA 5" boosters. And the later cars a larger chamber girling 7"...

Not near a parts book but that would answer the question

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I had a car with a Lockheed booster not bad hard to tell it was there till the car stalled. Hope you won the bet, I mean disagreement ;/

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I had a car with a Lockheed booster not bad hard to tell it was there till the car stalled. Hope you won the bet, I mean disagreement ;/

Yes Warren, I did. The other party swore up and down that Mark II Tigers were factory fitted with Lockheed brake boosters. With the help of the Forum, it was resolved that this is not true. Unfortunately for me, no money was involved.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tigers used 2 types of brake servo

Iirc. Tigers from strsr to mid MKIA have the small-chamber Girling mkiiA 5" boosters. And the later cars a larger chamber girling 7"...

Not near a parts book but that would answer the question

Thanks for your clarification Michael.
Rick