• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Local Car Show

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like a really nice show.......great turnout!
Almost makes me want to buy a Mustang! ( did I say that out loud?!)
Alpine was the best looking car there!

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks sunalp. British cars were under represented (lots of muscle cars and hot rods), but really nice show. The dealership has a classic car section with a couple of high end Healys for sale, but other than that I saw one TR7 and one TR6.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
The one thing my stories I have in common with this story is that I am always the only Alpine at the car gatherings I was able to finally get my driver out to this year. As a general rule, it seems that a car that attracts a big crowd ends up parking immediately next to my car. Twice it was a 12 cylinder Jag E type with it's front end open and tilted to the ground. While British only shows are interesting, I too like seeing some of the old muscle era cars and real old stuff. So I have been especially attracted to shows where they have a rule stating no newer cars. 25 years or older seems to be a common standard, although that seems arbitrary. Not to seem snobbish, but there isn't much of a point in my view to have 2021 cars at a collector car show as these can be viewed at the dealership. But the last show a 2021 Vette pulls in and opens all kinds of panels and the crowd moves in. Did I mention he was parked nearby?

But it is still worth it to me to have that occasional viewer stop over to ask "what is that?", or "I used to have one of these", or "Is this the one with the V-8?".

Rick

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
It's the same way where I'm at (north Georgia) as far as the makeup of the shows. I'm surrounded by American Muscle cars and trucks...which I am fond of but it would be nice to have a few more Brits in the mix.

I attended a car show in May that has between six and seven hundred cars. Actually it's the show where my avatar photograph was taken. There was me, an Austin Healey 3000 and a Midget...that was it. There were some VWs and and one Alfa Romeo. That was pretty much it from outside of the US.

I do normally have a several people stop by the car though and about one in twenty actually know what it is...on a good day. Lol

Next month, however, is Atlanta British Motorcar day...which isn't held in Atlanta...but that's my 'home game'. :)