• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

lemans rocker cover badge

65beam

Donation Time
badge

I have never seen or heard of a reproduction valve cover badge. TT and I talked about having some made but that was back in the early 80's. we decided against it. we did use the badge from the glove box of my red car and tom had a run of those made but they were not chromed or finished. I dropped the valve cover for the RHD car off at the polishing shop Tuesday and they are going to remove the badge. it would be interesting to see what reproductions would cost but it could be expensive for such a small run. would it be worth it to reproduce them?

alpine_64

Donation Time
doe anybody know if repro lemans rocker cover badges are available from anywhere

If they are not being done you could have one CNC'ed out of aluminium quite easily.. if we got some accurate dimensions i could model them up in the computer without much effort and i'm guessing you could have one made for around $50-80 if not cheaper. a scan of an original would also work to allow me to model it accurately.

65beam

Donation Time
badge

lemans specific parts were N.L.A. when the cars were built. I remember a discussion several years back about not wanting to mass produce lemans clones and lemans specific parts. being the lowest production car( 250 ) sold by rootes dealers I guess my question is why someone wants a reproduction valve cover badge. i really doubt that anyone would loan the badge out. after all they do have a specific rivet that secures them to the valve cover. I dropped one of my lemans valve covers at the polishing shop last week and they are going to try to polish it without removing the rivets.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Don't worry about specific reverts.. heck bob is the biggest fan of replacing them.. check any tiger thread :cool:

as for loaning one.. i am sure there are some helpful lemans owners out there that would take some dimensions of the badge for you.. i have photos of the badge.. so can probably scale them from that .. let’s see if we can help you out.. Instead of being an agitator....

65beam

Donation Time
badges

I'm not sure what "specific reverts" are or why I'm the biggest fan of replacing them but I do remember asking why this owner is looking for the badge. if he is a Harrington owner I'm sure someone is willing to look into getting reproductions made. I have furnished parts twice to have reproduction pieces made but they were made close to home. I'm sure I'm not the only owner that would be unwilling to ship an unobtainable part half way around the world and take the chance of losing it. a photo just doesn't do justice to this badge. if Michael does get some made and they are close I would be willing to buy a couple.

alpine_64

Donation Time
doe anybody know if repro lemans rocker cover badges are available from anywhere

Lets see if we can get you one... I will ask some sources i know for the dimensions and a good photo... I can then model it in the computer and we can organise to have one CNC'd.. really shouldnt be to hard as the cost is in the modelling .. and im happy to do that to help you out.

Nice thing about CNC is it will be cheap for 1 off if you are not paying for the modelling.. lets make this happen for YOU :) .

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
great stuff guys i,m sure if a small run was done they would sell easy .i am in the proces of trying to have replacement spears and side trims made also .

thanks guys

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Put me in for a set both when available. Despite only 250 cars build and exclusiveness of parts there are a few guys like me still in need of replacement for the "unobtainium" in order to get a project back on the road...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Some of the helpful and non obstructive HLM owners have been kind enough to email me
A. Nice close-up photo of the badge and gave dimensions + depths
B. Another owner who had one off the cover actually scanned for me in high res and gave dimensions.

both dimensions are the same.. great.. but there is a difference in deatils on the badge... stay tunned while we work this out! :)

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
Le Mans rocker cover plate

I would take one. My HLM doesn't have it. Add me to the list. GB

alpine_64

Donation Time
have sorted the discrepancy issue out.. was a misread of the texture between the 2 images.

I guess we need to decide how accurate to make them.. dimensions and script are easy.. the texture in the recess is the sticking point. CNCíng that will take lots of time and require a fine detail machine... so higher cost
We could make one cnc then make a mold.. the cast them.. not sure about cost.

I can print one with a powder 3d printer and mold from that..
Can CNC one without the texture in the recess and people can use black textured paint..

we seem to have a need for
Glenn x 1
Jeff x 2?
Bernd x 2?
Valueextra x 1

I might make one for myself.. never know when i might want to throw one on a spare rocker cover just for fun... put it on my holbay cover :p?

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
have sorted the discrepancy issue out.. was a misread of the texture between the 2 images.

I guess we need to decide how accurate to make them.. dimensions and script are easy.. the texture in the recess is the sticking point. CNCíng that will take lots of time and require a fine detail machine... so higher cost
We could make one cnc then make a mold.. the cast them.. not sure about cost.

I can print one with a powder 3d printer and mold from that..
Can CNC one without the texture in the recess and people can use black textured paint..

we seem to have a need for
Glenn x 1
Jeff x 2?
Bernd x 2?
Valueextra x 1

I might make one for myself.. never know when i might want to throw one on a spare rocker cover just for fun... put it on my holbay cover :p?

i would have 2 if they are not too expensive

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Le Mans Rocker Cover Badge

I would also be interested in a reproduction badge if the project works out. It is always good to have a spare.

Howard

NN Le Mans
1962 Harrington
1966 Avanti

alpine_64

Donation Time
progress

Het guys, sorry for delay in response... i actually got this part sorted a week or so back but got a bit sidetracked with work... still some refinement to be done.. but its underway and at least can show you guys something is happening.

Attachments

• test HLM.jpg
    test HLM.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 90