• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LeMans for sale

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The fiber top is not yet glued to the body, so still time to install the glass to the frame. Thanks for the excellent hint. Much appreciated...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
When you glue the fiber top on to the body, you need to have the windscreen installed to locate the fiber top properly.
Did you do that?
Jan

Just out of curiosity: Do I need to install the final windshield with glass or can I use another modified S2 one. Not sure how much they actually differ in terms of dimensions. Would hate to get my already rechromed frame scratched in the workshop...

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I would think you're safe without the windscreen glass and just use the brass frame to set the fiberglass shell. Plus you might consider including the weather striping too because it adds to the height.
You know the Lemans windscreen is different than a S-II. The difference is the dual hold down studs on the left & right sides. If you set a S-II w/s in place and attach the fiber shell on top of it.....that w/s will never come out because the studs hold it from tilting out...LoL!
Jan

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm well aware about the S2 and HLM frames differences, thanks. However any S2 frame can be converted into an HLM one if you know what to modify. Just was considering whether the frames have dimensional variations and whether the glass installed on top makes a difference or not. Anyhow will check it again deeply...