1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

LeMans for sale

Discussion in 'Harrington Alpine' started by napa 1, Oct 14, 2021.

1. napa 1

napa 1 Platinum Level Sponsor

Well here I go again with the notion of selling my special car. Have been talking with the folks at BaT, Hemmings and lately have bonhams trying to convince me to add it to the catalogue at Scottsdale in January.
    Believe me, I’ve been agonizing over this and likely will regret selling it after the fact, but I’m fairly sure now it is the right thing for me to do. Let another collector enthusiast enjoy it since I just pretty much keep it covered in the garage. Im not willing to let it go unless the price and buyer seems right. So just thought I’d give you all the heads up that you may see it out there and think I’ve lost my mind..which I may have.

2. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Diamond Level Sponsor

Yours should have been here in this line up........
    And yes you will miss it.

Five Harringtons.JPG

SierraNev likes this.
  3. Harrington Jan

Harrington Jan Bronze Level Sponsor

It's fall in Sweden 20211013_142445.jpg

4. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

John ! Nooooooo...

5. Gordon Holsinger

Gordon Holsinger Diamond Level Sponsor

6. phyrman

phyrman SAOCA Secretary Diamond Level Sponsor

I wish I had never sold mine.......:(:(:(:(

7. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Jan.. Yours is cheating... It adds so many features of all the best bits of Alpines, Tigers and Harrington....

Harrington Jan likes this.
  8. Warren

Warren Bronze Level Sponsor

Like the picture of the Webasto roof . Been wanting to find a hardtop to put one in.

9. napa 1

Gorgeous pic of a gorgeous car.

Harrington Jan likes this.
  10. napa 1

That's a great line up. How cool to have that many together.

11. napa 1

Hey Bernd. I was just waiting for you to finish yours before I sell mine... ;)

12. bernd_st

Yep, took me a while. To many projects, slow body shop and heavy job/family involvement. As life goes. Still need another year or so...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  13. napa 1

Haha. But I know it'll be awesome when completed. Hope you and family are staying well.

14. Harrington Jan

Thats why I put it in this post after the line up

15. Harrington Jan

It's not Webasto, it's Britax

16. bernd_st

Hope it will turn out as good as intended ;). Body has been sandblasted, all new welded up, lead loaded and next step is to reattach the roof. Just recently trial fitted the door glasses, which you had cutted for me. They do fit a treat. Step by step...

IMG_0097.jpg

P.S. Family is doing fine , except complaining that the HLM completion takes to long. Hope yours too...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    SierraNev likes this.
  17. bernd_st

Since there is some recognition from another angle. With an excellent Chris D. front valance replacement:

1634390328166_IMG_0100.jpg

Have a look @ the panel gaps...

18. napa 1

Looking great!

19. bernd_st

Thanks. Body shop is good, but slow. A bit of progress from when I bought that nasty f......g project. However since pricing is good, I won't complain....

BD.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  20. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Bronze Level Sponsor

When you glue the fiber top on to the body, you need to have the windscreen installed to locate the fiber top properly.
    Did you do that?
    Jan