• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

led lights

conanhomer

Donation Time
i have a new question for the brain trust.
i got an led bulb kit for my 65 series 4- neg ground. it included an led signal flasher.
now i have running lights, headlights and brake lights, but no turn signals, and weirdly when i turn on my wipers my dash lights come on, but no wipers unless i pull a wire off the wiper motor.
i have tried pulling the signal flasher and brake light switch but i makes no difference.
any ideas what to look for? is it a polarity issue?
p.s. the rebuild with 2.9 valves turned out great.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I am not sure what is happening with the wipers and dash lights, but the led bulbs require a special led resistor between the left pair of signal lights and ground as well as the pair for the right turn signal lights and ground. Only two led resistors are required for the whole system.

conanhomer

Donation Time
the supplier told me that no changes were required because the led signal flasher worked to convert the power to the lights.
if that is not the case, what type of resistor do i need?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The LED kit I bought from Joe Parlanti for my Series V does not require adding resistors.

How was everything working before you installed the LEDs?

It sounds like the gauge light supply wire might be attached to the Wiper switch instead of the Lights switch. The gauges should light when the parking lights come on (the middle switch position of the Lights switch).

Mike

conanhomer

Donation Time
everything worked fine when i parked if last fall, which is why i think it must be connected to the change to leds. my gauges have a separate switch for panel lights.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
LED's require such a small amount of "juice", it is hard to say what may be going on under the dash. Having said that, I installed Joe's kit of LED's and had some funky things happening with the signal operation. I do not remember what happened to make them operate correctly, but it was nothing major. Maybe something like swapping polarity of the feed into the signal stat. I do remember it was something that I thought should not make make a difference.

Bill