• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Leak in Master Cylinder

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Series V clutch master cylinder. I got it primed and pumping but am leaking out the threads of the brass fitting on the front that the pipe plugs into. So, are the threads of this piece (which are not pipe) supposed to be sealed with plumber tape or thread compound? Or is there an O ring inside that it seats into?

C

Comanderbob

Absolutely NOT. Sounds like you got the wrong fitting. It doen't seal on the threads, it seals on the double flare end of the tubing. The brake lines use 2 different size fittings which have unusual designations. 3/8-24 (AN-3) Inlet or AN-4 I believe is 7/16. There's an adapter if you can find it. Possibly http://www.totalperformanceparts.com/detail.aspx?ID=112

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good call

The Master Clutch cylinder was leaking, I was underneath the car too much to see it. The leaking around the threads is caused by a bubble fitting too short for the Master. I have put a copper washer on it to seal until I can find the right length of fitting. Is working now with the washer but not a permanent fix.