• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Late Model 1725 Cylinder Head

mototron

Donation Time
Hello All,
Looking for a Late Model 1725 Cylinder head ,the one with the cast in Spark Plug Holes .
Would prefer a uncut head or close to it .
its ok if the cooling holes are corroded .

Thanks
Rocco
six3one3seven9seven7eight9
mototronatoptonlinedotnet

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
Mototron

I have a ser V car that I purchased for parts. It has a complete engine and transmission. I would have to remove the head but that's not a big job. At least it doesn't appear so.

John in Colorado

seamus67sv

Donation Time
Did you ever find the head you wanted? I have at least 4 of them sitting on the shelf if you still need one. Mark.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
1725 Head

Did you ever find the head you wanted? I have at least 4 of them sitting on the shelf if you still need one. Mark.

Mark,

Do you still have one of your 1725 aluminum heads for sale? I need one. Please let me know.

Regards,

Mike Youngblood

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
1725 cc head configurtion

Gentlemen:

While searching for a new head, I have been told that the latest head configuration for the 1725 cc engine had the rectilinear cut out (casting) for the spark plugs but that earlier heads had the round castings. Moreover, that the round casting spark plug hole heads would fit fine on my 1725 cc engine. Is this true and, if so, how can one tell if the older head with the round spark plug holes will fit my block? Will good photos do the trick?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Gentlemen:

While searching for a new head, I have been told that the latest head configuration for the 1725 cc engine had the rectilinear cut out (casting) for the spark plugs but that earlier heads had the round castings. Moreover, that the round casting spark plug hole heads would fit fine on my 1725 cc engine. Is this true and, if so, how can one tell if the older head with the round spark plug holes will fit my block? Will good photos do the trick?

All the rootes alloy heads used on alpine rapier sceptre arrow hunter gazelle are interchangeable. The early ones have very slightly smaller valves and chamber and some have different valve springs.. doub

65beam

Donation Time
head

you'll find that the heads without the spark plug tube will have single valve springs instead of the double spring. no problems using the head in place of an earlier head.