• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LAT hood scoop

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I will be interested to hear this as well. I am about ready to take mine off in anticipation of putting the engine and trans back in. Mine was not attached when I bought the car and was installed by the paint shop while they had it.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm not sure about Sunbeam, but I've always marked around the hinges so it goes back on close to where it was. May have to loosen them slightly again to adjust gaps, then retighten.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
I tape around the hinges on the bonnet all 4 sides and then remove.

Make sure you have an emergency wire pull cable on the latch inside the bonnet when reinstalling incase it doesn't have enough retraction to release the catch

Stratman101

Silver Level Sponsor
Its a custom color mixed at wesco paint supply here in olympia wa.
I have the paint code if interested. You can pm me for that info.

Stratman101

Silver Level Sponsor
I tape around the hinges on the bonnet all 4 sides and then remove.

Make sure you have an emergency wire pull cable on the latch inside the bonnet when reinstalling incase it doesn't have enough retraction to release the catch
Ive heard folks say to i bolt the hood from under the car but i dont see anyway to do it that way

Stratman101

Silver Level Sponsor
I think you mean unbolt it from under the front.. that's when the latch jambs... Or cable breaks
Yes unbolt. I dont see any way. I dont see the hinges from under. If i take off the grill i can barely see the hinges. Am i missing something?

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is one of those Sunbeam community success stories.

I acquired the hood when I purchased the late Max Pahmier's 45 year collection of Sunbeam parts. Via SAOCA, new member Stratman 101 inquires about getting a hood. I respond since he is in Washington State. We agree on price and delivery by me. He and his wife welcome me to their new home for the night (round trip was 500+miles). I get to meet two first-rate people. A friendship based on the passion for automobiles and common interests develops immediately. My Sunbeam community happiness quotient continues to rise as I see Bob's final product. Well done my friend. The hood will provide a powerful look to your wonderful "dark side" Sunbeam.

Last edited: