• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Junk yard find

shagbeam

Donation Time
I just rescued an SII out of a junkyard. It's fairly complete, really rusty and in rough condition. I'm thinking parts car. I plan to get it in the barn tonight and look it over to see what might be for sale. The # is B9109199 OD LRX 5B.
Can anybody help me out ID ing it?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
According to our technical section:
Series II
•B9100000 - B9119956
•Total Built 19,956
•1592cc Rootes engine with Aluminum cylinder head
•4 speed gear box with optional electric overdrive
•Standard 3.89:1 rear end (4.22:1 with OD)
•Factory Colors - Moonstone, Embassy Black, Carnival Red, Seacrest Green, Lake Blue, Wedgewood Blue

This should help too.
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=83

shagbeam

Donation Time
Thanks. This one at 1 time was white but in 50 years it could have been alot of different colors. I'll get some pictures posted. It has Sunbeam on the front of the valve cover and the oil filller toward the front instead of the back. I've seen comments on this little oddity before.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Let's see pictures - especially of the passenger rear wing / fuel filler area.