• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

John Horsman's Harrington Alpine Le Mans Tiger is sold!

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wasn't that the guy who put a Harrington roof on any Tiger he could find ? I remember a blue metallic one too which was sold to Switzerland to a good friend of ours. After his sudden death it went elsewhere...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Nice picture ! Even loving Tigers for what they are, I 'ld never feel tempted to throw a heavy iron V8 lump into a Harrington. Not to talk about the heat collecting in such a cabin on hot summer's day. So Jerry you and PO took the proper path ;)

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Nice picture ! Even though loving Tigers for what they are, I 'ld never feel tempted to throw a heavy iron V8 lump into a Harrington.
There are the aftermarket world products, dart and shelby alloy windsor blocks.... Actaully lighter than the rootes motors.... :eek:

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Nice picture ! Even loving Tigers for what they are, I 'ld never feel tempted to throw a heavy iron V8 lump into a Harrington. Not to talk about the heat collecting in such a cabin on hot summer's day. So Jerry you and PO took the proper path ;)

No problems Bernd, both cars have sun roofs.