• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jan Iggbom - from a note on Facebook

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
Jan Iggbom

Hello to all friends of Jan! Jan's daughter Maria Iggbom here.
It is with sadness that I announce that Jan 30th January passed away after a long illness.
Feel free to contact me for any questions or visit Dad's memorial page. Links to it in the comments.
Today he would certainly have been eager for the spring and visited some of you in his golden arrow ☉
Warm greetings Maria and family
2764.png

Jan Iggbom on Our Memorial Pages (fonus.se)

A question, who will maintain the Harrington Site?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thats very sad news. Corresponded with him before the new year.
Jan was a great guy and a true keeper of the harrington fold

napa 1

Donation Time
Very sad to read this. He certainly had many many worldwide friends through the Harrington world and gave me so much help and encouragement during my restoration. Rest in Peace Jan. I've always told my family I want to be buried in a Sunbeam...

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
So sad and sorry to hear this. I had sent him a few emails after SUNI to share Harrington news and photos. It would have been nice to meet him sometime but I never did. He had a wealth of knowledge about Harringtons in particular! Eric.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
RIP Jan. He helped and taught me a lot about Harringtons, even we could never meet in person. Very sad to hear that...

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
I was fortunate to meet him several times as I used to visit Sweden on business a couple of times every year. He always gave me great hospitality which I usually reciprocated with a meal on my work expenses saying he was a client from the Swedish Air Force - semi true - he was long retired. He showed me his office where there was a folder for each known Harrington including mine - including photos of me. A colleague said it must be like having your own friendly stalker! He showed me his garage where he was scraping paint off his HLM centimeter by centimeter with a razor blade - no rush in those days. He showed me drawers of various spares including several working clocks saying "you're not having any of these! They are MY spares". He didn't like my HLM as it was 'spoiled for rallying' and complained about lack of originality in some other cars. Low and behold he then bought the gold Tigerered Harrington. Thankfully he enjoyed it whenever he could and would drop me off at the airport in it. We didn't always agree on events in the Harrington world but he always kept in touch and he would tease me with snippets of gossip. I last saw him 4 years ago and I knew he had ailments. A larger than life character who will be missed. Hopefully his archive can be rescued. There should be a page on the SAOCA and/or SAOC website documenting his contribution to the Sunbeam and Harrington communities.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Knowledge sometimes brings angst. Now the level of misgiving rises. Intent on visiting Jan and Katja in 2020 became a non-event as did so many things in life. I do have great 2014 memories when my wife and I visited Iggboms.

Jan Nancy 9.jpg
Katja fixing dinner with my wife.

Jan Nancy 10.jpg
Dinner is served.

Jan Nancy 8.jpg
Jan prepping his winged Alpines for an outing to a Swedish castle.

Jan nancy 5.jpg I'm taking controls with Jan's friend riding shotgun.

Jan Nancy 6.jpg Driving with enjoyment!

Jan  Nancy.jpg Jan with my wife

Jan Nancy 3.jpg Having fun-fun-fun!

Jan Nancy 2.jpg Open air on a Swedish highway, in an Alpine, makes life a little bit better.

Jan nacy 4.jpg
The castle appears.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jerry for sharing your memories and photos of Jan with us! He really enjoyed his Sunbeams and was a great resource of information too. Glad you got to meet up with him.