• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Is this an Alpine?

robertf

Donation Time
From another board, a discussion came up as to what type of vehicle the red car is in this picture. It sure looks like an Alpine to me. Am I crazy?

colormiless.jpg

mikephillips

Donation Time
European yes, Alpine no. Shape rings a bell as probably Italian. Seems to be a coupe with a yellow or while badge on the front, bumper is split using only corner pieces. Oval grill as well. I'd need to look for pictures on the web to identify more than this.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like Ken Miles in the Cooper! Red car just has to be a Ferrari... 250 Lusso?
I love period photos when they raced what they brung. Eric

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can't be a Lusso... the bumpers are all wrong.

It is without question a 1960-62 Ferrari 250 GT SWB (Berlinetta). The give-away is the bumpers, the rimmed headlamps, the overall shape and the scoop. Oh, and the driving lamps were supplied as standard on that model.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
How about the skin-tone racing suit and stetson-look helmet - those guys were so ahead of their time ;-)