• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion XVI Schedule

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thursday afternoon, June 2. Arrive, check in, set up.

Friday, June 3. Morning Tech session. Noon(ish) car show on the Greensburg town square combined with lunch and shopping. Afternoon Rally to supper Buffet at Stones Family Restaurant in Milhousen.

Saturday, June 4. Morning Tech session. Group drive to lunch. Afternoon club car show at the High Point Orchard. Banquet and awards.

Sunday, June 5. Depart

The Friday tech session will feature removal of a Series V rear axle center section. Saturday tech session is open, looking for ideas/volunteers.

Bill

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Revised Schedule?

Just learned that we may be able to visit the Honda assembly plant. How car related is that?? It will probably throw the schedule into a cocked hat and leave us with only one tech session. Well, only one Official Tech Session.

But I think it would be worth it.

Bill

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is a start time set for the Friday morning tech session (removing a series V rear axle center section)?

Thanks,
Mike

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is a start time set for the Friday morning tech session (removing a series V rear axle center section)?

Thanks,
Mike

No. Was planning on mid morning, but the possibility of the Honda assembly plant tour puts everything on hold. We don't know if it can happen or the time available, we should know in a day or so. It may well be a bust.

I plan to leave the disassembled axle axle on display in the parts/hospitality room so it can be inspected at everyone's leisure.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Honda plant tour will not happen. So the rear axle tear down will be Friday morning, probably about 9:00.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If I could make it, It'd rather have the rear axle demo. Would also like to see if anyone could remove those pesky rear hubs easily.

Just went through that process again and had a lovely time.

Once I made the choice of utilizing the "big" welding torch it only took one minute and forty two seconds heating and three good taps with a 2lb hammer.....

Only two more rear ends to go;)

Next, for me would be installing a set of ring and pinion gears in an Alpine rears axle assembly.