• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion Registration

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Another boost in registrations today. Thank you to Sam and Beth, Bill C. and Mike and Millie for registering. We have two Tigers from here in SC that will be at the show but may or may not participate in the Invasion stuff.

Allan B. - FYI your registration has not arrived.

new count:
So far we have:
Series I - 0
Series II - 1
Series 3 - 4
Series IV - 2
Series V - 11

Tigers - 3
Other rootes - 1 = Harrington

Cheers,

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Just booked time off from work. Charlene and I will be headding down to arrive Sat., will register at the door. We are well north of Toronto and wont have much chance to be sure of the car till we finally hit the road. ( I hope our snow is gone ). Driving down our S-V. Still have to put on a new top and get seat from the upholstry shop.
If anyone not going, but on our route, might P.M their Phone # for me, just in case we have a brake down on the way and need a hand to repair or store the car till we can get going, I would apreciate it, eh!
Coming through from Erie down I-79 to US-19 to I-77 and SC-277. 850 miles each way
Thanks, Bob

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, I'm glad you are going to attempt to make that long drive. I hope everyone along the route you are going to take will step up and give you a phone number to call in case you need a helping hand.

You say you are arriving on Sat. Are you making that long drive just to be here for a half of a day? Everyone will be going home on Sunday, April 7th. I hope you can make more of the event than just a few hours.

Cheers,

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Quite right: we had better arrive Friday. Don't want to miss too much.
Any idea how the parking is at the Airport in Columbia? We will be flying down to Ft. Myers on Sunday from the show, and need a safe place to park the Alpine.
Bob

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, The airport here in Columbia is very small and the parking is good. You should have NO problem leaving your car there. If that makes you nervous you are more than welcome to leave your car at my house
(about five miles from the host motel) and then catch a cab to the airport. Fo what you would pay to have your car in long term parking you may be better off with the cab. I bet the motel would even let you leave it there for a few days.

Try to arrive as early as you can on Friday. We will all be convoying down to the speedway for a Scottish rock band concert on Friday night.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Another Alpine joining the Invasion. Thanks to Bill and Barb for registering.

That updates our list to:

new count:
So far we have:
Series I - 0
Series II - 1
Series 3 - 4
Series IV - 2
Series V - 12

Tigers - 3

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The registrations are still coming in!!

Thanks Warren for registering along with Shannon and Debra.

That updates our list to:

new count:
So far we have:
Series I - 0
Series II - 1
Series 3 - 5
Series IV - 2
Series V - 13

Tigers - 3

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
More registrations today!

Thanks you John and Alan!

Here we grow!

new count:
So far we have:
Series I - 0
Series II - 1
Series 3 - 5
Series IV - 3
Series V - 12

Tigers - 4
Other rootes - 1 = Harrington and 69 GT

We NEED A SERIES I !!!!!!!

hotrod

Donation Time
I may come to the invasion. It will be a late decision based on the weather forecast since my car has only a tonneau to keep mother nature at bay. If I come it will be in my motor home with the car on a trailer. So, since I won't be staying at the hotel, how and who do I see to register? I will probably drive down on Thursday.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Hotrod,

We hope the weather clears and you can come join us. When you get here I will be the one checking everyone in and you can see me to register.

Cheers,

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
More registrations today!

Thanks you John and Alan!

Here we grow!

new count:
So far we have:
Series I - 0
Series II - 1
Series 3 - 5
Series IV - 3
Series V - 12

Tigers - 4
Other rootes - 1 = Harrington and 69 GT

We NEED A SERIES I !!!!!!!
Did we loose a V

65beam

Donation Time
registration

yes. it continues to snow and there has not been a day that we could clean the series 5 so since the GT was stored in the trailer the wife said we'll take it.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad to hear that Bob. The "other Rootes" class gets lonely sometimes.....Eric

65beam

Donation Time
registration

eric,
i was hoping to have the series 4 but it went back to the shop around christmas time for a detail of the body and one thing led to another. he's still moving parts to make the hardtop fit his way. then he headed for colorado to see a new grandson so it's still there. i hope to have it at the BASH. after looking at the weather forcast for next week we may stay drier by having it to drive.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Wish I was going to make it, but the folks who make my mortgage payment possible have other plans for me that weekend. Hope everyone has fun and the weather is great.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like we got a fresh application of salt last night. No snow, just salt. I'm wanting to get new upper ball joints and tie rods installed, but as things are right now, we'll be lucky to have a clean road for the Invasion.

Bill

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
HUMMMMM Maybe a special award for the Sunbeam most covered in SNOW upon arrival. Come enjoy South Carolina and get out of the SNOW!

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
registration

todd,
here in ohio they salt in two ways. they have the semi rigs that are 6500 gal chemical tankers that spread a liquid salt solution prior to the storm and the dump trucks that drop sand and salt during the storm. salt doesn't treat these beams very good. jean would have heart failure if the beams had salt on them. i also looked at the ten day forcast for there and i'm not seeing warm temps and dry weather. eric promised good weather !!!!! maybe he should move back to ohio for awhile.