1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Insulation, part two, carpets

Discussion in '"Stock" Alpine' started by jmahall, Nov 24, 2021.

1. jmahall

jmahall Silver Level Sponsor

Installed carpets, glued, loose, screwed?

2. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

I always like to use the carpet snaps as you can't see them and when ( not if ) the carpets get wet you
    can remove them so they dry without soaking the floor sheet metal.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  3. Tim R

Tim R Silver Level Sponsor

We do the same as Sunalp. Floor fixings that you can clip in and out to keep the carpets in position rather than permanently glued.
    Tim R

4. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

The factory used snaps for the floor mats and rear floors amd parcel shelf.. Glued sills and tunnel

5. jmahall

What are the best style snaps?? There's a lot of them out there.

6. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

I return to the original style, they are the best in my opinion.

7. jmahall

Problem is I don't have info on what the original was. Mine came with rusted out floors, and rotten carpet.

8. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

You can get them from Sunbeam Specialties or Classic Sunbeam. They used to come with the carpet sets, not sure they do
    anymore. They have a male snap that you screw into the floor, the female part is under the carpet . There's a part that attaches
    through the top of the carpet that attaches to the female part. They are virtually invisible from the top side of the carpet.

Scotty and Tim R like this.
  9. Paul354

Paul354 Gold Level Sponsor

Page 23 on Sunbeam specialties catalogue
    Screenshot (32)_LI.jpg

10. jmahall

Got it, thanks