• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Insulation, part two, carpets

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I always like to use the carpet snaps as you can't see them and when ( not if ) the carpets get wet you
can remove them so they dry without soaking the floor sheet metal.

Last edited:

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
We do the same as Sunalp. Floor fixings that you can clip in and out to keep the carpets in position rather than permanently glued.
Tim R

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Problem is I don't have info on what the original was. Mine came with rusted out floors, and rotten carpet.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
What are the best style snaps?? There's a lot of them out there.
You can get them from Sunbeam Specialties or Classic Sunbeam. They used to come with the carpet sets, not sure they do
anymore. They have a male snap that you screw into the floor, the female part is under the carpet . There's a part that attaches
through the top of the carpet that attaches to the female part. They are virtually invisible from the top side of the carpet.