• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Install Alpine Air Conditioning

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
During the acquisition of Naomi, the black John Prittie Harrington Le Mans, I became aware that "Tiger Tom" had successfully installed air conditioning into Alpines. Does anyone have any information or photos.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Excellent Kevin.

I read the article and Dan R's addition with a thorough parts list including detailed installation procedure that elevated Esslinger's report.

Last edited:

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
You should also check with Dan R. He's successfully installed electric heat and air in his, and other,
Alpines. I'll be doing that at some time in the future.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jerry, check out the " vintage air" systems... Think dan may have used one of them.
Veey popular in the hot rod and resto mod scene and they have mockup units for test fitting

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Old Air "Hurricane" unit is sized to fit American cars but will fit behind the dash of an Alpine if the Alpine heater assembly is removed. This unit is a heater/A/C/defroster combo which works very well in the Alpine and the mechanical control version is compatible with the Alpine heater controls.

Bill

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have the above in one of my Alpines. Did not cut any metal to install it so it sits a little more forward in the cockpit, but still well under the dash.
So far it works well, both heat and air. I am using the electronic controls.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm also installing the Old Air system in my SI V6 conversion...same technique as others have mentioned in removing the existing heater box. I'm also using the electronic controls...here's a very preliminary mockup of a wood dash (it still needs final trimming and finishing) where you can see how I'm mounting the controls (1 is missing in the photo)

Attachments

• Dash Mockup.jpg
    Dash Mockup.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 46