• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I was looking for a job when...

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
If I would of known that last Thursday October 4th they were going to walk me out of my 12 year career at work I could of signed up and came to the invasion this weekend. I have been so wrapped up in getting the unemployment going and today getting my stuff from work I forgot all about the invasion till I logged on this evening. Add to this drama my daughter got married Tuesday October 2nd at the Justice of the Peace and is carrying my first grandchild, a girl, due the first of January. So I have a son-in-law his two boys 4 & 6 instant step grandsons. At least they are at Fort Leonard Wood in MO, and not under my roof. When major life changes for me its all at once, not just one at a time heck no, children marrying, grand baby on the way, unemployed, house for sale, still relocating to Florida, did I miss anything?

Donna
:)

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
My god.

All of those are serious stress-inducers. I know it sounds insane, but I do hope you're able to take some time for yourself during this upheaval, Donna. Take whatever moments you can to de-stress... a drive in the car, read a book, whatever. Otherwise an onslaught like that can take some time off your years.

Good luck!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
good advise

Well it worked out Fri-Monday last week Jim was off, those government workers get the I think I found America day off, so it was like being retired. Tuesday I steam cleaned the carpets then took Vicki the Alpine to town and got the mail and a few things from Wally World. Wednesday I made the Quilting Bee at church and got all the gossip and what a lunch those ladies fix, drove the Saturn Sky and beautful day top down all the way home. Today I thought would be emotional but I was kind of happy to pack up all my stuff, the co-workers left me a nice goodbye note with all their best wishes. Jim is off tomorrow so I got my best friend to pal with. Now to plan for next week while Jim is off earning a living and I have to entertain myself, thank you god for the Internet! Find a job, post on my Sunbeam club, annoy people on facebook its all good!

Donna

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Wow, Donna...when things let loose, they really let loose, don't they!! Sorry to hear about your job. Who did you work for? Are they having layoffs or something along those lines?

Kevin is right...try to de-stress every chance you get. Drive ol' Vicki around for a while; she'll de-stress you!!! Sunbeams are good for that!!! Do get out and enjoy yourself, though; it'll help you to forget about all the other junk going on.

Take care,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Aerospace Industry

I worked at NORDAM Repair Division, They do restoration on airplanes, those cowls around the jet engine on your Southwest 737 planes to the big contract with FED-X to restore the wings, spoilers, cowl's on planes from DC-10 to 767. I was in the Engineering Department, new product, kind of a joke really we redesigned old parts do modern manufacturing, aka restoration. Proficient with AutoCad and CATIA software. With the largest employer American Airlines laying off over 2,000 of it's staff here in Tulsa now NORDAM is having money problems and laying off. Seems the FED-X contract was way under bid and it cost more to restore and no profit, fire the sales guys, not me! O well! Makes you all warm and fuzzy when you know that it was not your fault that your postion was not part of the problem, but because you told your employer your were planning on leaving for earlier retirement you name was at the top of the layoff list.
Daughter is doing great though and seems very happy, Army wife now but seems to enjoy that aspect, at least she has the Mr. to take care of her and as her only parent since Dad passed away in 01, I don't have to be the one too always lean on.

Donna

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
If your dog got run over you could make a mint in Branson...

I am sorry that you have to deal with all this. My best wishes and know that it will turn it well in the end.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Sunbeam Problems!

:mad:
So when I need a drive in the cool fall air with the trees starting to change color, Vicki the alpine is letting be DOWN!
I have a gass leak, when I start her up gass is coming out of the glass fuel pump, but once she warms up and I drive it stops and seems fine, bad gasket?

Donna