• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I was "Band from the Forum" ?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just changed my E-mail address and attempted to visit the "Forum" when I noticed something unusual. All I viewed was "PRIVATE"....

Then I discovered I was:
.You have been banned for the following reason:
.No reason was specified.
.Date the ban will be lifted: Never

OK I can live with being "Banned" But (?) For no reason???

Nothing to do but log-out!

Then opening my E-mail, I discovered a message that was related to me changing my E-mail address. It provided a link for verification, which I did. Guess what I then discovered? I was back on the FORUM!!:D

In good Graces! I hope.

That was a shock ("For no reason").

Perhaps a change in the words utilized by the Forum administration would be more appropriate when someone changes their e-mail address (s)??

Thanks Guys,

DanR

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for letting us know. First I've heard of anything like that.

We are exploring new software for the site. Trying to update features and give members more value for their support. My gut feeling is this was a glitch. If it happens again Dan, you have my email. Let me know.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the response Nick....

Perhaps some other member could "change" their e-mail just to check it out?

Man that really troubled me for a second;)

DanR

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Unfortunately that is the built in functionality of our forum software. When you change the email address associated with your account it puts you back into the "email needs verification" state just like the initial registration phase (when it was automatic), until you go to the link provided to verify your new email address you don't have rights anymore.

I will look, but I'm not sure the message can be changed.

And yes this happens from time to time, I get an email every few months from someone "banned" for the same reason.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, at least I now know what to do if I should again change my E-mail.

Thanks Todd and Nick for your efforts to explain.

DanR

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Actually I think I found the setting so users awaiting email verification won't be considered banned. Hopefully that will help.