• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I dunno.... it's nice, but do you think he'll get $27,999?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
It's been on BAT, didn't sell and got bid somewhere in the $20k range ( If I recall just under mid) and while
it's not a bad car, it's a bit personalized. It's been on Craigslist for a while now still not selling.

There's a really nice Series II on BAT right now that's a much nicer car.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
It was a no-sale at $22k on BAT in January. Summer's almost here. Doesn't hurt to try again. It's so clean underneath I think they might have drained all the oil out of it.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is that a slice in the fuel line?
Yeah, I saw that too. But I think what he's done is to replace the original plastic hose with a copper line, then to protect the copper line he's slit a rubber hose and slipped it around it. Actually, a rather nice fix for a somewhat hazardous problem.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
No way. Not when this one on BAT didn't go above $21,300.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-sunbeam-alpine-8/

I actually really liked this SII. I do think that there is something wrong with the driver's door. There are pictures pre-restoration, that show the top of the driver's door being higher than the body, in the rear. But now it is mounted just below the body. And the bottom gap of the door looks to slightly narrow as it goes back. But the bottom rear corner seems to kick out oddly.

And he seems to be missing the vinyl that goes under the dash, in front of the dashboard. But otherwise, a great car.

1962_sunbeam_alpine_1962_sunbeam_alpine_f75b05f5-eeff-4099-8d16-da66f1fc3e50-8AW9nU-64638-64639-scaled.jpg