• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hubcap Question

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
We're nearing the end of a very long and deep restoration. In our shed full of parts that were accumulated over that last 35 years or so, we have 4 hubcaps with depression of about 1 3/4" in the center and 6 caps with the a depression in the center of about 1 1/4". All are pretty bad, but will need to do until the coffers are refilled. Which ones are the correct ones for a 1962 Series II? (VIN 911XXX LRXB).

Thanks!

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Got pics? The earlier ones are more dome shaped and I don't think the later series ones will fit an earlier series Alpine, someone please correct me here.

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's the picture... I think the one on the right is the original to this car (Series II 1962)Hubcap Comparison.JPG

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan, I think you mean the one on the left. The S2 I have here came with the ones you show on
the left. I've seen the ones on the right on later cars.

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks! Happily, the one on the left is one of six and at least four should polish up nicely.