• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Honda Harrington?

65beam

Donation Time
It's not a Harrington. Honda built both S 800 roadsters and coupes. There was a total of 11000 + S800's built. There was 242 coupes built with the chain drive and then 67 coupes built before switching to front disc brakes. I couldn't find any info showing coupe numbers after that.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
They have a Jap car show in Long Beach Calif. it's amazing how they copied lots of designs in smaller and more compact modes.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow-I owned a S600 coupe a LONG time ago-bought it for $200. My first RHD car. It had a burnt piston and I quickly found out that parts were hard to find and expensive-and that was in 1976! Fixed it, drove it for awhile marveling at the 8,500 redline.
Sold it for $600 and used the money to help buy a $2600 Tiger. Which was much easier to get parts for, even then......Promised myself that my next small car would be British and a Mini. Took a few more years until I found one and so I love Minis too! (old classic ones)

65beam

Donation Time
Wow-I owned a S600 coupe a LONG time ago-bought it for $200. My first RHD car. It had a burnt piston and I quickly found out that parts were hard to find and expensive-and that was in 1976! Fixed it, drove it for awhile marveling at the 8,500 redline.
Sold it for $600 and used the money to help buy a $2600 Tiger. Which was much easier to get parts for, even then......Promised myself that my next small car would be British and a Mini. Took a few more years until I found one and so I love Minis too! (old classic ones)
You just love cars and bikes in general. I bet that Tiger is still in your garage and is white. :)

65beam

Donation Time
They have a Jap car show in Long Beach Calif. it's amazing how they copied lots of designs in smaller and more compact modes.
Warren, you've seen the Datsun 1600 roadster. It has a lot of triumph features under a different name.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
It's not a Harrington. Honda built both S 800 roadsters and coupes. There was a total of 11000 + S800's built. There was 242 coupes built with the chain drive and then 67 coupes built before switching to front disc brakes. I couldn't find any info showing coupe numbers after that.

I am aware it's a Honda, thank you. Hence the "?". Maybe I should have posted a smiley face.

One of my parts guys pointed it out to me this morning and asked if it was one of "your cars". I had not seen one but was struck by the profile similarity.

Thanks to all the members for sharing their knowledge of this automobile.

65beam

Donation Time
I am aware it's a Honda, thank you. Hence the "?". Maybe I should have posted a smiley face.

One of my parts guys pointed it out to me this morning and asked if it was one of "your cars". I had not seen one but was struck by the profile similarity.

Thanks to all the members for sharing their knowledge of this automobile.
I was quite aware of what you were doing. The rear body shape is similar to the LeMans. I like the hatch struts better than the ones used by Harrington. The engine has to be well tuned to get 70+ HP out of a 791 cc engine. The problem is that they are very small cars.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The copy cat nature of the any part of the world that had ese in the end did not start with Chinese. Maybe some recall Marty Mc Fly "all the best stuff is made in Japan." Some of us cross collected the Jap motorcycles. Ho lee fk of course I recall the Jap cars that did not break down as much as the Datsun's that became Nissans. Certainly not Honda and hardly as advanced as a four carb equipped Honda. I sure wanted a 69 sand cast 750 but settled on smaller Honda's