• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Holes in dash

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Series 3 st. What are the 6 holes in the middle top of the dash(circled)?
DSC06850%20copy_zpsnh0ruycl.jpg~original

Also getting ready to primer & paint. Original color was harvest gold, but no matching numbers so total originality isn't happening. Doug (BullDurham) and I haven't decided on a color yet and thought we'd ask the forum what color we should paint the series 3 st to sell after restoration. ;)

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Toneau studs should be on the sides of the vent plates. these holes are much larger. I was thinking some kind of racing windshield.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
On the series 3 onwards the tonneau studs were about 1/2 way back in the dash pad and there would have been 4 they were not in the vents.

Racing screens tend to be mounted further forward around the original screen line... It's possible they could have mounted 2 aero screens... But normally they would only do 1.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What I think....

Harvest Gold would be a very good choice..... Get the pant chip for Jan.

DanR

P.S. Bring back some rare colour;)

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Harvest Gold doesn't appeal to me or some others I've talked to. Maybe that's the reason you don't see many like that. The idea is to choose a color that would appeal to the majority to sell the series 3.

On the plus side it's hard to tell Harvest Gold from Rust in certain parts of the car.;)

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
My Real choice would be Commodore Blue Code 106:D

It is also a very popular color with later model cars of all manufacturers (thought not under that colour code name).

DanR

67Survivor

Donation Time
I really prefer an offwhite or the original polar white, but the car in town that always catches my eye is a deep red. Not an orangy red, but a red red... Red always sells.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
When you're considering painting this when the goal is selling it: There are a lot of red cars out there for a reason. People like red. "Guards Red" from the Porsche line is a favorite.

Don't know what you're doing with the interior, but I'm also partial to a tan interior for a red car. Adds some class, and attracts a lot of attention.

Just my opinion though.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I agree on Porsche Guards Red. That's what I chose for my Alpine when I restored it 30 years ago, because I did not care for the Alpine Carnival Red, as I remembered it. After it was done, I was very pleased with the color. Then I went to a car show and parked next to an Alpine that was Carnival Red. I could not tell the difference!

Tom

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm pretty sure my S3 ST doesn't have those holes in the dash. I'll double check next time I'm out in the garage.

Mike