• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Holbay valve cover

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
IMG_5015.JPG IMG_5015.JPG IMG_5015.JPG What is correct for a Holbay Valve cover? Should the background around the letters be bare, red or black? See my picture below. Thanks for any guidance. Robert

13970-0b1d3fbb8427f1f235a371135f134c85.jpg

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would say they were painted.

Much like early alpine covers. Over time the enamel wears away. I know Ian found low milage early alpines with the paint still in the recess. Some will say they have nos covers without.. And perhaps spare parts were not painted...but if you look at period road test photos in UK, USA and AUS they show them painted.

So.. A qucik scan for period road test of. Rapier h120 and hunter GLS shows them painted...id guess black as red would likely show a more grey in the photos. Images attached
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php