• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

head torque

twospeed

Donation Time
Thanks,this is a fresh engine with the first 1000 miles on it.
I already retorqed twice,once after break in and at 200 but I forgot the numbers I used.

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
retorque question

Hi im doing my 1592 now and the last time a changed the head gasket i think i remember doing a loosen of all the bolts in sequence and then torquing..

What is the consensus on this method? Am i doing it right? just seemed logical to me to get them moving instead of just bearing down on them with more torque. (looks like ill do some searches and see what the technical deal is on this) but you guys are a great source of knowledge...

Every time I change a head gasket i have loosened in sequence by the book with a few rounds of the sequence a little looser at a time.(just to be sure im not warping anything).then torque them normal on reassemble

ChazBeam..