• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Website Honoring Janne Iggbom

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
An outstanding group of UK Harrington enthusiasts (Glenn Brackenridge, Jeff Howarth, Andrew Yates, Oliver Bridgeman, Clive Pocock) and myself did an online meeting this past week. The purpose was to insure that Iggbom's wishes to have the Harrington archive and the haringtonalpine.org site preserved. Iggbom as the site's curator over many years expanded the archive significantly. We have currently established the International Sunbeam Harrington Association that will transfer all of Iggbom's work to a modern site. This site will continue to be free to all. The SOCA has agreed to become the service provider. We hope to expand elements on the site and are naming the Sunbeam Harrington library and registry the Jan Iggbom Sunbeam Harrington archive.

Any thoughts on this new site are welcomed and can be directed to me as Chair of the Association. Currently we view the mission to be:

To convene Worldwide enthusiasts to access and contribute to the Janne Iggbom Sunbeam Harrington archive.
Seek accuracy and facts to provide historical certainty.
Share knowledge and techniques to support restoration and maintenance for the Harrington marques

May our champion, Jan Iggbom, of the Harrington marques be pleased.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
I think think this is a great outcome to preserve Jans work and passion for this very niche area of the marque.

Great to see it saved. If i can help with any graphics etc just touch base

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Good that you guys take the lead to preserve Jan's impressive archive/website. If the family allows would suggest to add a personal profile of the founder to honor him and his dedication to the Sunbeam Marque and Harrington cars in specific. The mission you defined sounds perfect.

P. S. Never seen it, but he once told me that he even has a Sunbeam bicycle in his possession...

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bernd, I was at Jan's for several days and don't recall seeing the Sunbeam bicycle, but, it seems Iggbom mentioned it to me. I do remember going to his friend Oka's place and seeing a very private and incredible collection of memorabilia and automobiles (mainly MGs).

upload_2022-2-20_11-53-32.png upload_2022-2-20_11-59-13.png

This 1930's Sunbeam is from the Sunbeam Motor Car company that did produce Sunbeam bicycles and then motorcycles and motor cars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbeam_Motor_Car_Company

upload_2022-2-20_11-59-51.png upload_2022-2-20_12-0-29.png Jan and Oka Sunbeam.jpg
Original banner from the Sunbeam Motor Car company.

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jerry, his friend's place almost looks like a private museum. You must have had a great time in Sweden. I kind of regret that I didn't take the opportunity to go there earlier and meet Jan and our Sunbeam buddies over there.

On a side note, our next annual club meeting in August will be held in Denmark and we are expecting to meet some swedish members there as well. Anyway we are drifting too far away...

Last edited: