• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Dove

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone ever seen one? I finally saw one today and it was interesting to see how many bits were the same as used on the LeMans. I do think the LeMans looks much better though as the Dove's top is squared off-which was to suit the lines of the TR-4 I guess. The Dove looks like it was not put together as well nor as much time spent in assembly as the LeMans. The fact that the rear parts of the conversion was not bonded to the body attests to that as does the interior which uses standard Triumph seats and other parts. They made about 50? Doves so they are rare cars.

65beam

Donation Time
eric,
a few years back we were at the pittsburgh vintage and we had the harrington on the trailer and we were sent up behind the clubhouse to unload for the british show. we pulled up beside a closed trailer and found them unloading a red dove. now what's the chance of this happening! two harringtons,two different marques! they seemed to have leaned towards the style of the type C & D when they built the dove.

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Dove'

Hi,
I like to add one small thing but an importent one. The word Dove should carry an accent like Dove'. The company which sold the GTR4 or GTR4A (just 3-4) which they are normally called was L F Dove’s Motor Traders of Wimbledon UK.
Most of the production took place spring -63.
The story says that some ownes have converted them back to normal TR4's.
Some words and pics can be found at www.harringtonalpine.org .

agmason

Donation Time
"The word Dove should carry an accent like Dove'. " There is a retail store in the USA named "Target". Some pronounce it Target and some pronounce it as Tar-jay. Similar to Dove or Dov-ay.