• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington alpines in the press

mrbht69

Donation Time
http://australianmusclecarsales.com.au/muscle/196467

Hi Everyone.... Not sure if this link will work, re a GTHO Ford Falcon, Aussie Icon muscle... Please, I don't want to cause any grief or dramas re, our topic on a Famous Sebring...

That link was awesome, what magnificent machine, thank you for sharing JD...

The link above is for a current car sale in Australia, if the link works, it is described as an original however it is re bodied... Does it make it the real deal as a GTHO Phase 3....?... Being a re bodied car?. With the Original GTHO Tags?.. Now attached...?

Hopes I don't offend anyone, would just love a purists point of view plus any point of view re the above vehicle.. Especially if one was to purchase....

Hopes everyone is well n enjoying their piece of Sunbeam,..... Awwww,.... N I Like my Harrington.....

Best wishes n cheers Steve..

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve, I appreciate your interest in the purists notions related to the working link you included. However, your query about the purple beast is not related to Sunbeams or this thread and the entry would be a better fit in the General SAOCA Discussion threads. We missed the opportunity for me to give you a DVD of my original Harrington Le mans while I was in Australia this past month. I'm thinking you probably don't need the DVD what with all the fun you are having with the Harrington V6.

I included the non-Sunbeam 1930 Bentley link to this thread for the purpose of celebrating those car builders that demonstrate integrity and honesty when they refer to their end product as a "recreation" or "replica". Even though they use parts that may have come from the original or a like model they don't need to hide the fact that the majority of the end product is a facsimile of the original. The end product stands alone on its own merits. Bob Avery built a gorgeous piece of Sunbeam art work recreating what he had enjoyed, in years past, with the NART/Sebring Sunbeam. It must be great fun to drive. The Avery Sunbeam, supported by significant evidence, clearly falls under the umbrella of recreation, replica or facsimile.

Jose, I agree there are so many things I think about when I approach a new car project until the purist spokesperson on my right shoulder chimes in. I almost put a V8 in an incredibly original Harrington Le Mans with a rich racing/cover of Car & Driver history. It is very difficult for me to break away and listen to the rebellious spokesperson on my left shoulder. My current, one-off, 1967 Lyrad/Jaguar project based on a Series I Sunbeam platform and racing Lotus 19 has given over, out of necessity and/or desire to the rebel approach.

Attachments

• Harrington Le Mans_edited-2.jpg
    Harrington Le Mans_edited-2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Drivers side mod 2.jpg
    Drivers side mod 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Drivers side mod 3.jpg
    Drivers side mod 3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 23