• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Alpine For Sale

Mike H.

Donation Time
Ian seems to have temporarily lost his mind. either that or he doesn't know his wife has posted his Harrington for sale on Ebay :)

Mike H.

Donation Time
Actually, is that Jan's Harrington?. Ok, so is this another one of Ian's April fools jokes like the lost/found Series VI prototype? :D

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Actually, is that Jan's Harrington?. Ok, so is this another one of Ian's April fools jokes like the lost/found Series VI prototype? :D

No, this is for real and it is Ian's Harrington. Jan has a Le Mans.

H

hue166

Harrington for sale on Ebay

Hello all,
I'm really interested in hearing an opinion on this car! It looks amazing, and I have heard much about this car. Is there anyone local that has first hand knowledge of this beauty? I'd love to hear first hand the good bad, or (if any, ugly)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Most everyone that has posted here and in the Alpines For Sale section are familiar with the car. I think you can get a feel of what they think of the car by reading the two threads.

Ian has had this car for several years and completed refurbishing it late last summer. I think most of the members feel that Ian selling this car is somewhat like selling a Triple Crown winning race horse that you watched being foaled on your farm. They wish him luck, but really would like to see it stay as they see it as being a part of him.

Does that tell you anything about the car?

Bill

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Hue...
I have seen the car a few times over the years. The first time, it looked just fantastic. Remarkable. And then the following year, he had re-done several things. Very special carpet, for example, to match the original. Re-painted, to fix an issue only an experienced eye could see. Basically, it looks like it just got thru dealer prep for delivery to the customer.

To my eye, it's all good, no bad, and no ugly. This is a car to dig deep for, and it's a car you can, and should, drive... in my opinion.

Ken in Columbus

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
It drove all the way to the last United (Daytona Beach FL) and back without a hitch (with two adults too). The engine really kicks ass.
Jan

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
It drove all the way to the last United (Daytona Beach FL) and back without a hitch (with two adults too). The engine really kicks ass.
Jan

Just curious, did you or Ian keep track of the fuel mileage and other consumables ( for the car, Nick :D ) on that trip?

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
We did keep track of the mileage, but I don't remember now what it was getting. I want to say 24mpg, but I can't honerstly say that was it. John Engle and I drove down together in it and had a ball.

I'm happy to discuss the good and bad with anyone who wants to talk. Contact me through eBay and I will provide my number.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ian did Michael or someone on the board here buy it?
Lucky guy! I am sad we won't see it at any more shows here.
Now-if you need any help spending the proceeds..............!
Eric

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ian did Michael or someone on the board here buy it?
Lucky guy! I am sad we won't see it at any more shows here.
Now-if you need any help spending the proceeds..............!
Eric

Eric I wish... but i think even if Ian argeed to sell me that car it would just end up on ebay...:rolleyes:

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
The Harrington Alpine left for St. Georges Basin, NSW Australia this weekend on a long journey to it's new home with John Burg. Let's hope it has safe passage to him.

The new Harrington project is now underway and I've taken the Pippin Red LeMans to the paint shop. Body and paint should be finished this fall.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ian, Saturday we were headed toward central Missouri on I70. Somewhere in central Illinois we came up behind an auto transporter with your car hanging off the back. I passed it, told Barb that had to be your car on its way to Australia. She wanted to get a picture of it, so I slowed down, let him pass me and she got her pictures.

It is a small world, isn't it?

Bill

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Just received word that the Harrington arrived in Australia today. During it's journey it was off/on loaded at Hawaii..Shanghai.. Kuala Lumpa and then Brisbane. One well travelled Harrington Alpine. It's literally "been around the world!"