• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop Side Window Buttons

donchiotos

Donation Time
Does anyone know where I can get the hardtop side window chrome buttons. I would like to have the larger size if available. I have a 1966 v6 Alpine that has the newer hardtop. Thank you

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Do a search for:

Late Series Hardtop Buttons

Or
By member:

George Coleman

He suggested a source by going to a Chevy Astro Van

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had some made by copying an original from Stainless steel and polished to a bright finish for my Hard Tops. Came out very nice! Probably better than originals:)

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Delrin is a DuPont trademark for homopolymer acetal resin and has been around for a loooooong time. It is a very hard, very durable, very machinable plastic that is normally an off-white color. Not a lot of tensile strength, but very good in compression. It is often used for very high performance suspension bushings where lack of compliance / comfort / noise / vibration are not issues.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Delrin is a DuPont trademark for homopolymer acetal resin and has been around for a loooooong time. It is a very hard, very durable, very machinable plastic that is normally an off-white color. Not a lot of tensile strength, but very good in compression. It is often used for very high performance suspension bushings where lack of compliance / comfort / noise / vibration are not issues.
Works well in lots of different places fire wall master cylinder spacers for one

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
And Delrin also works well to machine and make steering wheel hub repair kits! We have had a few more made up recently. Eric

Attachments

• DSC00991.JPG
    DSC00991.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 22