• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardened woodruff keys for V6 conversion

Jim E

Donation Time
My brother in law is selling the woodruff keys on the ebay. His user name is in2itbad. I just cannot find the time and he has the time and no worries he is a straight shooter on the ebay

helijm

Donation Time
hardened keys

Jim, How do I find out if the rear axle and diff already has the hardened keys. Can you tell the difference? I am really a new one on this. Have a little mechanical experience but not too much knowledge on this area..jim:eek:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jim, How do I find out if the rear axle and diff already has the hardened keys. Can you tell the difference? I am really a new one on this. Have a little mechanical experience but not too much knowledge on this area..jim:eek:

The stock ones are not hardened, unless someone has rebuilt it and actively sought hardened keys.. it wont have them.

Jim sourced these a few years back when there was a need for hardened ones due to the V6 conversion.. though the stock ones can be damaged even in a stocker.

tiger07

Donation Time
Bumping an old thread - I am trying to source the hardened woodruff keys for the V6 conversion. Are these still available from any club members?
Thanks.
Mark

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bumping an old thread - I am trying to source the hardened woodruff keys for the V6 conversion. Are these still available from any club members?
Thanks.
Mark

Mark,

I believe someone Jim was associated with was selling them as an ebay seller, try doing a search on USA ebay for sunbeam alpine + hardened .. they used to list them as a buy it now item that came up under searches other than auctions.

gordonra

Donation Time
Kelly Mathis has some that he's been selling. He bought a supply of them when Jim E. was really busy and couldn't be reached.

Apparently they come in a fairly large quantity. Not sure how many he has left though.

Rich