• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hard woodruff keys

Jim E

Donation Time
I just ordered another 100 hardened woodruff keys for Alpine rear ends. these are used to replace the stock keys when you go the V6 and stock rear end route. It is also a good idea for any Alpine if you have the hubs off for any reason.

My cost on this has gone up a bit but what hasn't. So they are $10 a set shipped by first class mail in the US, multiple sets will have to figure postage same goes for outside the US orders, but it is not going to be much more at a guess.

Jim E

Donation Time
Had a few questions about shipping and how to pay, should have put it in the original post.

Shipping, I will ship just most anywhere that the post office will take a letter for. I ship these taped them up in thick paper in a envelope

Payment, Paypal is fine or a check or what ever works for you.

Just waiting for the keys to get here.

Jim E

Donation Time
Well the woodruff keys showed up at the house the other day only thing is I am in NY... and will be on the road until around Christmas. Will figure out something may be able to get my girl friend to ship for me or get her to mail them to me or something...

mferris

Donation Time
I'm slowly building parts for the V6 conversion. I have non-spinoff hubs with wire wheels (well fake wire wheels with a 4 lug hub that I will switch to minilites when I get there)

Will I still need to replace the woodruff keys in my rear end? Where can I get some?

I've also heard about hardened bolts for the rear end? Same questions as above?

-Mike.

kmathis

Donation Time
You will need hardened woodruff keys with that V6 conversion and if you send me an e-mail with your address I will send you a pair....if you want you can send me back $5 bucks.
When you have your axles out to install those woodruff keys, you should drop the pumkin and check for loose ring gear bolts and replace with hardened washers and bolts. Look for posts in the modified section for further instructions....there is plenty of info on this upgrade.:)