• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Greenville Scottish Games May 29th!

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Ok guys, I heard that we have 6 sunbeams registered so far, so we will have a good showing. Hope the weather turns out to be good.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
There are 8 sunbeams registered at this point. I also have heard that we have a Singer, circa 1935. Dont see one of those often.

Hope y'all can make it!

Attachments

• 1935_singer.jpg
    1935_singer.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 17

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like a little rain may fall on the Sunbeam Clan this Saturday! Sam-will you wear your kilt this year? Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Singer

Guys/Gals
Please make sure to take a few photos of the 1935 Singer if it makes it to the show. Thanks

Tom j

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry you won't make it Tom! I met the owner of that Singer LeMans-he was the guy who drove up in the Jensen CV8 to the Invasion car show at Lake Lure....I will take some photos for you. Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Eric, That guy must have a pretty nice garage, that Jensen was really sweet !
Have Fun at the show, tip a cold one for me(actually I'd rather go to Greenville than West Palm Beach).

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
George & Beverely Coleman along with Todd and Denise Smith would like to invite any Sunbeam owners that are coming to the upstate for the show to join us at The Beacon on Friday night (5/28) at 8:30PM. Sam, we are coming for some of that food-a-plenty! How many Sunbeams can we park outside of The Beacon??
Let me know if you are coming so we can look for you.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
wow, 400 sunbeams? can you block that area off for us? Here we come! I know of two so far, but I'm sure we can get another 398 !!!!

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's a quick recap

We had 9 Sunbeams, 4 tigers and 5 Alpines

Weather turned out great

Two of our guys (Steve S, Bob B) shook the hand of a Prince of England. We don't get to do that to often in SC

Probably the most expensive car was the Princes Rolls, with a sticker of $518K

The Best of show was a 1949 Triumph.

Eric did not have the courage to come up in a Mini ( The harington appeared)

Anyway, wish you were here

Sam

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
It was good to see all of the Invasion veterans at the show yesterday and nice of the Prince to speak to the "Sunbeam Clan" (his words).
Did anyone else get rained on during the drive home? We hit monsoon rains on I-26 for about 40 miles and once again I was happy to be driving a Harrington as just a few dribbles came in at the A post seals due to the 47 year old weatherstrip. A great all weather car! Eric

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Yes, rained for 10 -15 miles, not rain for 10-15 miles and so on almost all the way home. I finally washed my hand this morning after shaking hands with Prince Edward. I was impressed, maybe the rest of you wern't but I was. But he did like the Sunbeam Clan and how we were friends from all over the country. None of the other marques were that way. Hey all, we have a special thing going here, I think it's great. :D

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Bob, I wish I was with the group when he came over. But since he deemed that we were the "Sunbeam Clan" I think that we need to create our own tartan for next next year. All participants will need a kilt to register.

Sam MacMaw

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Once again we all had a wonderful time at this British Car Show and we represented our marque very well. We are the only group that sits together and enjoys the show together. We enjoyed having George and Beverly Coleman spend some time with us. It made our weekend special! The food at The Beacon was awesome on Friday night. The look on Bob Bergult's face when he got his plate "FULL" of food was priceless! Once again I was proud to own the correct marque at a show and have the friends we have.
Here are a couple of pictures.

Cheers,