• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Greenville Scottish Games May 29th!

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
This was very nice last year, LOTS of shade in the show area, I think the setting is as appealing as the Berry College location, plus Greenville is a great place to visit.
Unfortunately we're heading to south Florida that weekend:(

Tom j

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Guys, I was hoping to announce this show when the website had some errors corrected, but I will let you all know that the website errors result from a hangover from last years information. The correct date of the show is May 29, 2010. The online registration form is correct, as is the mail in registration form which is found under the heading for "rules"

That being said, we look forward to putting on a great car show on the beautiful campus of Furman University. As Tom J stated, the show is held on a spacious lawn shaded by 100 year old oaks. This year, the featured marque is Roll Royce, and the Rolls Royce Club of America has told us to expect 50+ cars.

Last year we had 9 Sunbeams, so I hope we can achieve as good a number this year.

What makes this show different from most, is that it is held in conjunction with the Greenville Highland Games. The Greenville games is one of the largest highland games in the southeast, attracting clans and athletes from all over the country. There are Celtic bands, border collie competitions, lots of vendors of traditional items, as well as many food vendors.

I hope all available in the area can come out to enjoy the day.

Sam

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I also wanted to mention that we will have some special guests at the show.

A member of the the British royal family will review the cars. Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex, brother of Prince Charles, will attend, and I believe he will make an award on one of the automobiles. This may be the only chance in your lifetime to actually lay eyes on a royal.

Also in attendance at the show will be Miss South Carolina, Kelly Sloan. She too will choose a car to award. She will be there with a crew of this years contestants for Miss South Carolina, held in July. So there will be photo op's with a beauty queen with your beauty!

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Heres a photo of the Rolls Royce that the Prince will arrive in at the Greenville games. Not your daddy Rolls!

Attachments

• rolls.jpg
    rolls.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 22

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Quote "There are Celtic bands, border collie competitions, lots of vendors of traditional items, as well as many food vendors."
Sam, Is the Beacon going to have a booth?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
"Sam, Is the Beacon going to have a booth?"
Please say that they are! I want some more of that BBQ and those chocolate chip cookies! No haggis for this guy.....Eric

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I can here it now , JC calling out, HAGGIS - A - PLENTAAAAY!!!!!:)

but no, we won't have a booth, but if you go over to Spartanburg after the show, The Beacon will be wide open for the Saturday night crowd.

Sam

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
How many fellow Sunbeamers are coming to this show? Last year we had a great crowd! The setting is great and the tie in with the Scottish Games Festival gives you more than you can do in a day. Greenville SC is too close to Atlanta for us not to have you guys come join us!!! It would be nice to see at least 15 Sunbeams there!!!

Mark , Bring that Series 3 over to the show. It's not a bad drive for you at all. I think we are only up to about 5 Sunbeams so far. Tom / Susan are ya'll coming? Eric, Are you coming? Steve, Alan, Bob & Judy??

Cheers,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Would you guys be mad at me if we came in a British car but not a Sunbeam?? Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
KINDA? Heck yeah we would!, We would not allow you to even sit with us. You would have ot go sit with the small people. Opps, I meant with the Mini crowd.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rough crowd here-who said I was coming in a Mini? Rolls Royce is the featured marque and Charles wanted someone to drive his brother around....

Jim E

Donation Time
Now if you are going to be in the monkey suit with the little hat I say heck yeah drive the rolled rice!