• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Great Scot! British Car Show

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Join us on the beautiful, shaded mall of Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina. Please mark your calendars for an exciting and unique British Classic car show event on Saturday, May 23, 2015. All British cars and motorcycles are eligible. Class prizes are: First, Second, and Third place awards (depending on number of entries) – Best of Show – Special awards to include chief of the games award. Voting will be by registered participants.
Send questions to: britishcarshow@yahoo.com

Your registration fee of $30 includes: Entrance of one (1) car in show, one admission to the Greenville Scottish Games (additional Discounted Games tickets may be purchased at pre-registration only for $10.) There is no charge to attend the car show. There is a $5 per additional vehicle parking fee for other non-show vehicles, other than haulers.

Also of interest is that during the opening ceremonies, there will be a fly over by the WWII Warbirds

We have always had a great Sunbeam turnout and party atmosphere at the show, so I hope we get a lot of Sunbeam friends here.

Here is a link to the Greenville Games website, and a link to the online registration page.

www.gallabrae.com (event website)

www.sbmoc.com (Car club website with registration page)

Last edited:

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey Guys, the early registration is over, so I now have the task of laying out the show field. Just to make sure I reserve plenty of room for the Sunbeams, is anyone who has not registered planning on coming up to the show?

Thanks, and hope you can make it.

Sam

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sam,
I am planning on attending. Sorry for not pre registering. How many Sunbeams are you expecting?

Steven Kirk

sd_pace

Donation Time
Sam, I decided to enter my jag this year :eek:.... but I missed the registration... can you put me close to the sunbeams? ... love this show and wouldn't miss it, will bring the registration form with me... but I am not pulling any axles hubs!

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm planning on coming. Not sure why I slept on the pre-registration.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Sam - hope to see you'all there. My car is in the shop getting the driveshaft balanced and new U joints but I'm hopeful it will be ready in time.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey Guys, the early registration is over, so I now have the task of laying out the show field. Just to make sure I reserve plenty of room for the Sunbeams, is anyone who has not registered planning on coming up to the show?

Thanks, and hope you can make it.

Sam

Sam - what time does it start?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Furman Event

Here is a PIC of the early arrivals.

More made appearances as the morning became noon;)

Great bunch of Beamers.

Attachments

• DSC04144.JPG
    DSC04144.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 19

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to Sam for the perfect weather and a great show! It was good to see Madeleine again and this time driving an Alpine with auto transmission. At 91 years young she was the most senior British car driver there!
Eric
PS-the L.L. Bean catalog car was there and got lots of looks too......

Attachments

• Madeleine Furman 1.jpg
    Madeleine Furman 1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Madeleine Furman2.jpg
    Madeleine Furman2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Madeleine and Sam.jpg
    Madeleine and Sam.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Furman Event A few more PIC's

Take note of Tom J's display! True spirit of a Beamer.

DanR

P.S. Thanks to Sammy and all the others that spent the time to make the event special!

Attachments

• DSC04149 (320x240).jpg
    DSC04149 (320x240).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Furman Event

A few more PIC's of the folks and the Alpines....

Madilene was last to arrive in her newly acquired Alpine LRX BW35 Colour Code 39.

Note Greggers giving the Red one the-once-over!

DanR

P.S. John and Doug arrived early from N.C. Both cars were in great shape. John has a unique A/C system. Doug was the only V6 to show.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
alpine

FYI, her alpine is a very dependable car. George and Margaret, the previous owners, have driven it to so many Uniteds that they probably lost count. it's good to hear she is happy with it.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sam, thanks for another really good show and the unbelievably excellent weather. Being in the oak grove, on grass made it even better.
John Miller, Steve Kirk and I had a really nice, top down ride back to Ral/Durham
w/o significant issues. Was good to see everyone again and enjoy the cars.