• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Got Brakes!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I purchased a " kit" from Dan R for the rear disk brakes for my Alpine. Dan sells the components, but
I have a lot of work during the week and really couldn't afford the time to search and find parts. Dan
was gracious enough to do that for me so it was complete. All I needed to do was bolt it on

Spent a few hours on Saturday pulling the hubs and the drum brakes off of the diff housing and a few hours putting one side on.

These came with no instructions, but they are very intuitive. Once I figured out how it mounted
the second side was on in about 20 minutes.

Took the car for a brief ride today and now the brakes feel just like a modern car! They're
amazing!

Thanks Dan for a well engineered and painless improvement to my Alpine.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers!
Steve

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure glad you are pleased:) My Blue Boy V6 stops better than ever also....Many thanks goes to Mr Bill Blue. He was the Gent that gave me the set he removed from hid DuraPine when he enlarged the front rotors and went to a larger caliper. Making the rear (Saturn) non-compatible with the front was a gift to me from Bill.

All I had to do was design the mounting brackets and spacers for the Alpine and Tiger stock rear hub flanges.