• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Got AMP gauge?

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Does anyone have a decent-faced LUCAS AMP gauge that they would be willing to part with? Would prefer a 50/0/50, but a 30/0/30 would fill the hole just as nicely.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
1. Different Series Alpines used different lettering (font?). Is this an issue for you? If so what Series car do you have? I have had a couple Series IV parts cars in the past - I know I have gauges - I may have an ammeter.
2. There was some discussion a while back about the merits of using a voltmeter vs. an ammeter. You may want to check it out if you haven't already.
3. To the best of my knowledge, all Sunbeam gauges were 30-0-30. I believe I have seen 50-0-50 on Jag & Cobra.

Todd Reid

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The early Alpines with a generator used a 30 amp Lucas gauge. S5 Alpines had an alternator and used a 35 amp Lucas gauge. Sunbeams did not use a 50 amp gauge as original but are a good idea to use if you are running a high output alternator.
Voltmeters are a better indicator of battery and system condition and also safer as you do not route the entire electrical supply through it! I have a nice vintage Smiths voltmeter in my car.
Eric