• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Good News

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Glad to hear Britbeam (Dwain) is back on the road and running better than ever after the distributor breakdown on the way to the Invasion.

Tom j

britbeam

Donation Time
Thanks Guys and I cant say enough for the great friends that helped me push the Red Rocket up that hill for 1/8 plus mile but the last 200 ft was the killer. I took her out for a spin yesterday and the V6 just screams. There were indications something was wrong earlier in the week before the Invasion but Jose and I were in the mindset that it was a carb issue .Just goes to show that electric and fuel issues can sometimes give similar indicators. I stood on the right pedal from a standstill, no more Bogg and no more miss in the upper rpm band. Look forward to crusing to breakfast in the morning. Oh and while I had the whole front end of the motor apart it gave me access to change out the painted grill to a nice chrome grill I purchased from Bob B several years ago. The S2 has new teeth.Now I believe since I have new gaskets pan,timing cover etc. it probably cured my oil leaks also. Something about a British car even if you modify/change engines ect"Its still gonna Leak" LOL
Thanks again to all my friends for being there
Dwain V6 Krazy

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Dwain,

Let's drive that car over to the show in Greenville this month and join the other Sunbeams!!

Cheers,

britbeam

Donation Time
Thanks Todd Im kicking it around. Tuesday Im going to go out and put some miles down to check everything out. But we may be there.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dwain, If you can make it to that show by all means do it, the site is FANTASTIC and there is lots to do. We've not been to a lot of shows in different places but those South Carolinians have got it going on.
Enjoy, hope you make it.

Tom j

sd_pace

Donation Time
great your back on the road Dawain.... if you can make the greenville show you should ... its a great show... sorry i cant make it this year...
steve

britbeam

Donation Time
Hey I put down 100 miles today. I think my alternator is making noise but we will see. Otherwise running great.
Dwaon V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Are you guys still alive? Its June 4th and the rain has been intense down on the southside of Hotlanta. I belive the bugs are out of the Alpine. Any action going on this weekend car show wise.If the rain holds off if nothing else I will try to make the local Cruise in saturday night. Anyone working on a project? Hey Allan hows the Tiger coming?
Dwain V6 Krazy

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Still alive?!
We had a whole clan of Sunbeams at the Scottish Games last weekend-even saved you a spot for your car.......
Show season is about over until the cooler weather arrives down South again.
Make plans to attend the Sunbeam SOS in Columbia this Oct. 2nd-
more info here! http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/cbc-iv/
Also the BMW Euro is this Fall as well as a few others. Cheers-Eric

britbeam

Donation Time
Yea I would have loved to have been there but sometimes life gets in the way. No excuse just the facts. I had just noticed the Atlanta board wasnt having any activity on the forum. I think most of the local guys in Atlanta would like to see more going on in our area.
Dwain

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
You're right Dwain. Even though I'm up on jack stands for who knows how long I'd really like to see the Georgia / Southeast Alpine folks do more. The Norcross British car show is the first week-end after Labor Day. Sept. 11th actually http://www.babg.org/BritishCarFayre.htm will get you all the info. If we can't get together before then, I'd be up from some smoked ribs afterwards at my place. :cool:

Tom j

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'd like to attend that show but we'll be in Hilton Head with the Alpine then to the Columbia show/ SOS on Oct. 2nd. We are having a SOS right ? Let me know we'll do a few give aways.

Tom j

britbeam

Donation Time
You're right Dwain. Even though I'm up on jack stands for who knows how long I'd really like to see the Georgia / Southeast Alpine folks do more. The Norcross British car show is the first week-end after Labor Day. Sept. 11th actually http://www.babg.org/BritishCarFayre.htm will get you all the info. If we can't get together before then, I'd be up from some smoked ribs afterwards at my place. :cool:

Tom j

Whoa whats this Jackstand stuff? Did something go bad on your Alpine? Hey youve got the Tin Can right? Seriously give a Holler if you need a hand with whatever is going on with the Alpine. I didnt know the car was down.
Dwain

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I'd like to attend that show but we'll be in Hilton Head with the Alpine then to the Columbia show/ SOS on Oct. 2nd. We are having a SOS right ? Let me know we'll do a few give aways.

Tom j

I am lining up free exhibit space in Atlanta's Virginia-Highlands neighborhood for a Sunbeam show.

We have zero organization in Atlanta, and miss countless opportunities to advance our Marque.

I remain irritated that not even one Sunbeam was in the recent big parade down Peachtree Street.

I plan to contact the couple dozen Sunbeamers on the TEAE list to guage interest.

Hopefully local merchants will provide discount eats for those who participate.

Still a bit vague on details, but let me know if you have ideas and if you might support such a show.

britbeam

Donation Time
Here is another good show in GA to attend on Sept. 24+25
http://peachtreemg.dnnsites.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=QOXX9wPr8Fs=&tabid=223 It is at the Dillard House and that is where several Sunbeam SOS's and an Invasion have been held in the past. Eric

Yea no place like the Dillard house. Thats my where my Alpine roots began in 1999 with the 4th Annual SOS. Gee that was a great start and a begining to
great friendships. Eric that was one of the best. I remember I hadnt got out of the car and had already bought $500 worth of parts. Its just so perfect there in the mountains. I passed it twice last month on the way to the AT Trail. Anywho the Invasion was just as special this year and the weather couldnot be beat.
Later
Dwain

britbeam

Donation Time
I am lining up free exhibit space in Atlanta's Virginia-Highlands neighborhood for a Sunbeam show.

We have zero organization in Atlanta, and miss countless opportunities to advance our Marque.

I remain irritated that not even one Sunbeam was in the recent big parade down Peachtree Street.

I plan to contact the couple dozen Sunbeamers on the TEAE list to guage interest.

Hopefully local merchants will provide discount eats for those who participate.

Still a bit vague on details, but let me know if you have ideas and if you might support such a show.

Sounds great keep us posted. I would be willing to be part of this. If this could be coordinated with some other event of interest it might bring more exposure. I believe we have some secret Sunbeamers in the Atlanta Area that have Alpines wasting in basements or garages.
Dwain