• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ginetta G21

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
I understand that Ginetta are a unknown car in US. Quite unknown i Europe too.

They where made with Ford 1600, Ford V6, and Rootes 1725 Alpine or Holbay engines. I think they got a good deal from Rootes and made a lot with Rootes parts.
The reason for my interest of this model is because it has the Rootes engine, gearbox and back axle. And it looks so nice.
Then I already have all the necessary parts in my garage!
Not many has been made officially, about 60, but in reality only 40 I have been told.
Only one in Sweden. Mine.

https://www.ginetta.org/index.php/history

Attachments

• gina.jpg
    gina.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 45
  • gineetta.jpg
    gineetta.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor

They where made with Ford 1600, Ford V6, and Rootes 1725 Alpine or Holbay engines. I think they got a good deal from Rootes and made a lot with Rootes parts.

Kristian,

Interesting, looks good. Tell us more. Is this a production car or a kit car? Your description makes it seem it could be either.

How is the suspension set up and with what parts? Your history link says Rootes drive train in '71. I guess that would mean it's the tilted Rapier/Hunter drive train which would agree with your comment about Holbay engines.

Have fun,

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great looking car, and with a Rootes connection too! How can I get one?
Cheers!
Steve

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor

The reason for my interest of this model is because it has the Rootes engine, gearbox and back axle. And it looks so nice.
Then I already have all the necessary parts in my garage!
Not many has been made officially, about 60, but in reality only 40 I have been told.
Only one in Sweden. Mine.

https://www.ginetta.org/index.php/history
I have heard of Ginetta cars but I have never seen one in person. They are like the Innochenti thin on the ground and rare!

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
Before I went for the G21, I did consider the Ginetta G15 with the Imp engine and suspension.

Attachments

• g15.jpg
    g15.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 19

alpine_64

Donation Time
Iirc the G21 ran the holbay h120/GLS engine as stock and used the rootes arrow 4 speed with J type OD and the hunter rear end.. Great cars.

The g15 with the imp motor was a very successful race car in period

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
Kristian,

Interesting, looks good. Tell us more. Is this a production car or a kit car? Your description makes it seem it could be either.

How is the suspension set up and with what parts? Your history link says Rootes drive train in '71. I guess that would mean it's the tilted Rapier/Hunter drive train which would agree with your comment about Holbay engines.

Have fun,

The G21 model was production car. It has a Triumph Spitfire front suspension and steering racket. Coil springs at the rear with coil-over shock.
It has a surprisingly stiff frame and fiberglass body. 1818 Lbs. The tilted engine set up