• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Get used to colder winters!

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
I just finished the book Dark Winter by Casey wherein he summarizes how the sun has recently entered a "solar minimum" and the reduced energy output from the sun will result in slightly lower average temperatures around the globe with some not so pleasant side effects for life on earth. The cooler period should only last about 30 years before the minimum ends and if you do not want to read the book, you can read about it by clicking on the following link:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dark-wi ... id/607672/ :shock:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If perchance " Casey" lived in the Northern Tier especially during winter He would be better Enlightened.

Then again, God set the Earth on it's axis! Made the Sun to shine.

Time and Eternity are His!

Gen1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like you missed a golden opportunity to weave in a Lucas reference.

Mike

If perchance " Casey" lived in the Northern Tier especially during winter He would be better Enlightened.

Then again, God set the Earth on it's axis! Made the Sun to shine.

Time and Eternity are His!

Gen1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
And here in the great white north we are finally getting to almost 32 F after plus days of way below normal.
Heynwe will be thankful as its going to be 28F tomorrow

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Chuck, I have always made the best of the times and places I had the opportunity to visit (live). Have thoroughly enjoy my life and "all" the people I've met whether hot or cold climate (s).:D

DanR

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck, I have always made the best of the times and places I had the opportunity to visit (live). Have thoroughly enjoy my life and "all" the people I've met whether hot or cold climate (s).:D

DanR

Dan
I agree
it's the people you get to know that makes life so good

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Old thread but my 2 cents. Read "Climate Gate" by Brian Sussman, a meteorologist and TV weatherman. He signed my copy and I met him at a book signing where he debunked the "sky is falling" weather nuts. I converted our city fleet to LPG in the 90's to cut down on emissions. Today cars run as clean on gasoline. Coal fired power is also much cleaner with smoke stack scrubbers. When the environment damage of battery making and disposal are figured into the damage done, plus the cost to make charging stations across the US, and other related damage, the old internal combustion engine is still better. I do keep my cars tuned, clean inside and out, and they are non-smokers.