• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gas filler neck not secured to body

Shabazz

Donation Time
I am puzzled as to how my gas filler neck goes back together. (I didn't take pictures!)

The tank filler neck didn't fit well when I removed it so I guess the way it was wasn't correct anyway.

My 62 series 2 has a larger tank than the original, though it fits like a glove in the original body/tank opening. My problem seems to be that the filler neck was cut off about 2 inches from the tank, a radiator hose spanned the distance from the tank to the filler hole on the body where it attaches to about 3-4 inches of metal filler neck. There doesn't seem to be any type of attachment from the filler neck to the body besides a rubber filler neck seal (grommet?) which is not really an attachment. There is also a chrome bezel. So without any attachment, it just seems to be kind of wedged in there.

I have purchased a proper fuel filler hose length 1.75 id (rather than radiator hose)

I am not averse to making changes to the filler neck area in order to have it secure. It does not need to be original, as I have embraced the Dark Side.

Am I missing parts? Any ideas for other solutions? Could you steer me in any particular direction for ideas? Thanks.