• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel pump threads

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rootes, Excuse me for asking a dumb question, But, what is the "intake side" of a fuel pump ?

Never mind!!! It finally registered in this olde pea pick'n brain. I'll go look and let you know tomorrow, if that is not too late?

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The intake side is the one pointing towards the rear of the car once the pump is mounted on the block...

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
20200823_132958.jpg Rootes, Here's a couple PIC's of new fuel pumps. With and without bowls.20200823_133406.jpg

Both have #10 - 32tpi with lengths of 1/2" including the lock washer.

The inlet is identified by the "arrow" under my finger.

Hope this helps

20200823_133024.jpg

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
After all of that, I begin to think you are asking for the thread size on the connection "from" the fuel tank to the "inlet" on the stock fuel pump??

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Do you mean this connector?

upload_2020-8-23_23-37-59.png

Thread OD is 0.498"
Thread ID is slightly less than .475"
Looks like 20 tpi
Threads appear parallel.

It could be UNF 1/2" - 20

But British Standard Pipe Parallel size 1/4 looks close, too. However, the 20 tpi gauge looked like a good fit on the threads:

upload_2020-8-23_23-57-10.png

And some extra info. Not sure where I found this, though.

Fuel pump fittings

By David Hall

I had a lot of trouble sorting out how to hook up the fuel pipe to the crossover pipe in back and into a Sunbeam Specialties SU fuel pump. A company called Hose and Fittings seems to have the correct BSP straight fittings and is easy to deal with.

For the crossover outlet, you need a female BSPP #1007-08L-04, cost $2.82 each. For the fuel pump male BSPP, use 1003-08L-06, $2.82 each. Each has the compression fitting for the stainless fuel pipe. Visit www.hoseandfittings.com

717 Davis St.

Fort Wayne, IN 46808

Phone 260-426-4673

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Michael, I believe you did a Great job as usual, that should answer the question for lots of Guys:)