• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel cap replacement series 2

lupster04

Donation Time
Hello,

I am in the process of replacing fuel cap on a series 2 alpine but I don’t know how to remove the old one since it has no screws anyone who can guide me in the right direction? And where can it be purchased?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ah.. Maybe post a picture..
The fuel caps on 1-II simply twist on and off. There was a little wire that could be attached to the filler neck to stop them falling... But not screws... No flip mechanisms.. All very simple.

As for a new one.. The simple chrom dome style area available NOS from ebay UK often.. I oosted about this many times on the forum. So a quick search will net you results.. They cross reference with period hillman, singer etc

lupster04

Donation Time
Ah.. Maybe post a picture..
The fuel caps on 1-II simply twist on and off. There was a little wire that could be attached to the filler neck to stop them falling... But not screws... No flip mechanisms.. All very simple.

As for a new one.. The simple chrom dome style area available NOS from ebay UK often.. I oosted about this many times on the forum. So a quick search will net you results.. They cross reference with period hillman, singer etc

It is a flip type with a lock it is round.I have attached a picture I will take more in the morning.

Attachments

• 11905CE0-3CC1-44D5-8BF2-8C2E6C520845.jpeg
    11905CE0-3CC1-44D5-8BF2-8C2E6C520845.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 43

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yup.. Aftermarket part.
There appears to be a small flat head screw at the top of the reatining ring in the photo.. Likely drilled through the neck and that's securing it.

I assume the filler cap projects from the body.. Maybe get a stock cap