• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front Glass Channel Guides - SI or S2

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I need the driver's side front glass channel guide or track (whatever it’s called) for an SI or SII....the ones down inside the door…SI and SII have different part numbers but I believe they are the same…if not, I specifically need SI….I'll take a pair for both sides if you don't want to separate them. PM or respond to bill@theeisingers.com

Last edited:

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I need the driver's side front glass channel guide or track (whatever it’s called) for an SI or SII....the ones down inside the door…SI and SII have different part numbers but I believe they are the same…if not, I specifically need SI….I'll take a pair for both sides if you don't want to separate them. PM or respond to bill@theeisingers.com

Hi Bill:
The SI & SII window guides are totally different as are the windshield frames. The SI guide is very short, about 3" tall, and used ones are usually cracked on the driver side due to the weight of the window wobbling back and forth when the door is opened and closed. They are pot metal and cannot be readily repaired to my knowledge. I don't believe they are being reproduced anywhere. If you can get Patrick King to respond to you, he may have one. He is in California. 408-529-81890. patrick@lgsrc.com.
Rick

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Bill:
The SI & SII window guides are totally different as are the windshield frames. The SI guide is very short, about 3" tall, and used ones are usually cracked on the driver side due to the weight of the window wobbling back and forth when the door is opened and closed. They are pot metal and cannot be readily repaired to my knowledge. I don't believe they are being reproduced anywhere. If you can get Patrick King to respond to you, he may have one. He is in California. 408-529-81890. patrick@lgsrc.com.
Rick
I probably am using the wrong terminology…I need the guides or tracks that go down inside the door…actually just the drivers side…

As far as the upper chrome pieces go they can be repaired by a competent chrome shop…mine were restored by Brightworks Chrome in Ohio…the $ were not for the faint of heart though…a before and after picture of one of pieces is attached.

Attachments

• 571DB39F-AD25-4A2A-9352-6BDAE62C8C87.jpeg
    571DB39F-AD25-4A2A-9352-6BDAE62C8C87.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 769E4D36-3FCD-4D86-AD3F-DB8D7E65C260.jpeg
    769E4D36-3FCD-4D86-AD3F-DB8D7E65C260.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 20

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I probably am using the wrong terminology…I need the guides or tracks that go down inside the door…actually just the drivers side…

As far as the upper chrome pieces go they can be repaired by a competent chrome shop…mine were restored by Brightworks Chrome in Ohio…the $ were not for the faint of heart though…a before and after picture of one of pieces is attached.

Nice repair job Bill. Never saw one done before. I think Patrick is still your best bet. He advertises in all the Alpine/Tiger publications but I Haven't been able to get him to respond. You can also try the Forum at Tigers East / Alpines East.
Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time

Assume they had to drill out all the pits, brass braze or silver solder.. Polish then chrome... Lots of hours in fixing $hitty pot metal .... At some point we should 3d print these in metal....