• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

front brakes

bpthomas

Silver Level Sponsor
I am making my own brake lines on my series 5 Alpine with a tiger front suspension and cant figure out what fitting is used to connect the 3/16" brake line to the flex hoses that go to the front callipers. Any help with the fitting name and were I can find them would be appreciated. The rest are 3/8 x 24 inverted flare but this one is an non flare flat looking fitting.

bpthomas

Silver Level Sponsor
So this fitting is some kind of British Unicorn so I have a solution. Turf the brand new flex hose from (un-named British suppler) to the front caliper and buy a 3AN North American standard flex hose (cheep on Amazon) as the brake caliper connection is a 3AN connection and then a $3 fitting that is 3AN to 3/8 x 24 female so the 3/16 brake line connects with a standard inverted flare fitting. now all the connections are double inverted flare and parts are easy peezy to get.