• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front and rear track - Series 5

ceecpa

Donation Time
I measured the distance to the outside of the tires at the front and the rear. The absolute distance doesn't really matter, but the difference amazes me: It's 3.5 inches different. Is this typical?

Thanks,
Chuck Edwards

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I think that is about right. On the race cars in the 60's some of the Alpine racers purchased American Racing Silverstone wheels in two different offsets to make the track widths equal.

Steve

alpine_64

Donation Time
The alpine and tiger had the rear track inset so that the back would eventually break away. IIRC this was done to set up to understeer initially with final oversteer.