• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Friends In Sunbeams Itenerary and Update

65beam

Donation Time
friends

There is often a Tiger out of Cincy in attendance. He drives it in, changes the tires, and goes racing. Old school. If everybody plays nice, he drives it back home...

Dan didn't race last year. We'll see if he shows up this year. This is a photo of some of the Sunbeams in attendance in 2016

Attachments

• 109_0451.jpg
    109_0451.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Have been considering going to Mid Ohio for a day or so, but it looks like I'll be staying home for the next few days. I've been experiencing constant fatigue for the past few weeks. Barb listened to my lungs last night, said I'm not passing air in my right lung. Probably walking pneumonia, a good excuse to do as little as possible!

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
We all at times try to figure a way to do as little as possible;)

That condition is not conducive for a lot of work.....

Sure hope you get some medical attention, Before it gets worst.

At our ages pneumonia can be devastating.

DanR

P.S. A little sunshine on the chest and back will help loads, suggest a nice run in that "Bomb" of yours....

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, I did almost 300 miles yesterday, in the sunshine with the top down. Don't see any great improvement, so I'll try the lazy bones treatment, maybe even a visit to the (horrors) doctor.

Bill

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I know two people who had pneumonia last year. One spent a month in the hospital and is now fine. Simple chest x-ray will tell you. Fatigue is a symptom of pneumonia.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
My brother in law was only 55. Independent. Self reliant. We weren't close. The other person I know that had pneumonia last year, I know very well. 80 years old. Fatigue was the ONLY symptom. Got admitted day after losing energy. One month in hospital plus a month in rehab. If you're reading this, Mr Bill, more people care than you'd think.

steven

Donation Time
I know I am a long way away however our local newspaper had an article about the vaccine to protect lungs is now available. It also noted the low take up by older people most in need. I need to see my doctor about a needle to protect from pneumonia.

65beam

Donation Time
sunbeams

Bill,
The weather at Mid Ohio was great on Thursday but the sky opened during the night and everything got wet except for the 69. It's still warm and dry in the trailer. We were in the pits about 11:00 a.m. this morning when there was an announcement that bad weather was coming. Jean and I found that our golf cart needed a few more MPH to beat the rain before we got to the SUV in the infield. The rain is to move out tonight and The weather man is calling for good weather the rest of the week.

65beam

Donation Time
friends

We led the parade laps at Mid Ohio on Saturday. Too bad the pace car controlled the speed.

Attachments

• 0624171213.jpg
    0624171213.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 0624171256a.jpg
    0624171256a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 19

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We led the parade laps at Mid Ohio on Saturday. Too bad the pace car controlled the speed.

Looks like a great day!

As to the pace car, just remember our youngest sons comment (fourteen years old at the time) after riding around IRP in a Corvette, followed by a ride in a Jag 150. "The Corvette was faster, the Jag was more fun".

Bill