• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

FP or SR keys

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looking to clarify if the early Alpines used either FP or SR keys for the doors ignition. Parts book lists these, but have never seen them. FP also listed for trunk/glove box, supplanted by the FS. Anyone have or seen an FP or SR key/lock? Thanks, David

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
David,

What "parts book' are you referring to? The Rootes original factory parts manual, publication 6600992, lists key types, RM, ST, RL and FP as possible keyways for the doors and ignition. But it makes no reference to ST.

Mark ..... volvoguys

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yea, I was using the 6600992. Page YV5 has the listings for the locks and keys for Series I and Series II. They list all 4 of the keys and locks, FP, SR, ST and RM. This is for ignition and doors. What I am curious about is whether early cars used FP or SR. For HLM they list FP and ST, but mine has an RM ignition set. Could be a replacement. Now that I look there is an FP key for my glove box lock. The parts book shows only ST and RM for the Series III and Series IV. My head is spinning....