• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Forum format poll

Prefered forum format?

• Leave it as is, I want to have menu access in the forum

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Give me the full width forum, I can find the website stuff on my own

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I'm taking a poll to decide whether to "skin" the forum.

As you undoubtedly noticed, when the websire was restored the original format was lost. The new format limits the width. Until this can be fixed I'd like to know everyone's preference:

leave the forum skinned so that the website menus appear (Home, Articles, Tech Data, etc.)

OR

unskin the forum so it appears full width, in which case you need to go the sunbeamalpine.org home page to access those menus.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Todd,

the narrowness is a bit of a pain on a proper monitor, but assume this format is done to work effectively on smart phones etc?

The menus at the top is good for new people to the site, but overall i dont mind either way.. but there is lots of blank screen for normal PC use.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Todd,

the narrowness is a bit of a pain on a proper monitor, but assume this format is done to work effectively on smart phones etc?

I hadn't even considered that but just looked at the site on my iPhone. It does work much better. I think I will change my earlier expressed opinion and vote to keep it as is.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I view almost exclusively on iPad and iPhone now, and this format works great on both.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Thanks for the input.

This wasn't intentionally done to support smart phones, it was just the only skin I could find to download for free... The guy who created it may have intended it to work better for phones but that's not why I used it.

We are starting a project to revamp the website and forum, possibly hiring a "professional". This project will most likely take a few months but I wanted to make things usable in the interim.

The officers are discussing the website update, and I will bring the rest of the members into the discussion in the coming weeks.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Bearing in mind the effort that has obviously gone into restoring the website, one hesitates to quibble at all. However, since you asked ...

While the presentation is first-class and attractive, is there any way of shortening (vertically) the blue space at the top. As it is, when you click on a section, or post, you have to scroll down each time to reach it.

To reiterate, this is just the most minor annoyance; maybe 1 on a scale of 10.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
While the presentation is first-class and attractive, is there any way of shortening (vertically) the blue space at the top. As it is, when you click on a section, or post, you have to scroll down each time to reach it.

I think it may be possible; been meaning to look into the top banner, as it would be nice to put the club logo back in there, etc. We'll see what we can do.